Monday, July 16, 2007

Peaches

I guess I never really figured out a title for this. It is another song where I used a lot of phrases from old songs and tried to put them together in a slightly new way.

If you don’t want my peaches, why did you shake my tree?
If you don’t want my peaches, why did you shake, why did you shake my tree?
If you don’t like this Georgia weather, go back to Tennessee.

Nothing in the world as sweet as my fresh fruit
Nothing in the world as sweet as my fresh, as sweet as my fresh fruit
If you don’t pick it from the orchard, its just going to rot.

I’d rather drink muddy water, sleep in a hollow log
I’d rather drink muddy water, sleep in a hollow, sleep in a hollow log
Than live with you here in Atlanta, when you won’t walk my dog.

Baby take my little dog, take him for a stroll
Baby take my little dog, take him for a, take him for a stroll.
And when you finish that, I wanna jelly roll.